I am writing to discuss the poor bicycle repair service I received from your shop this week. I have been living in Cardiff for nearly a year, and on several occasions had reason to use your shop for purchases or quick repairs. On these occasions, I have been very happy with the level of service and professionalism at the Bike Shed. I am also aware that your organisation works with the community to promote cycling, which encourages me to use your shop.
Unfortunately, this week was different. Last Monday, August 4, I brought my bicycle into your shop to discuss possible repairs. Your staff was friendly and helpful, and acted as though these repairs would be no trouble at all. Because your services are in high demand, your mechanic told me, I would need to wait seven to ten days for the repairs to be completed. I agreed to this time frame, and we scheduled an appointment for me to bring in my bicycle on Tuesday, August 12. At that point, I was told that the bicycle would be done in two or three days, probably Thursday or Friday. On Thursday, August 14, I stopped in to ask if the repairs were completed. The mechanic I spoke with said they were not, but he expected to finish by the end of the day. Friday morning I phoned and was told not only that my bicycle was not finished, but it had not yet been looked at. The mechanic assured me it would be done by the end of the day. But when I phoned again, Friday afternoon, I was told that staff would not get to the bicycle until Sunday. Sunday will be thirteen days after the initial request for repairs and five days after my scheduled appointment.
Regrettably, during Friday afternoon’s phone conversation, I lost my temper with the mechanic, and I apologise for that. But I still do not understand why your staff would lie to me about the time frame of these repairs. The bicycle waiting in your shop is my only bicycle, and I do not have a car. Because of this, I rely heavily on the use of my bicycle for transportation. In addition, I am moving house in less than two weeks, and I am also trying to finish a master’s dissertation by the end of the month. I realise that my personal issues are not your problem, but these details may give you some context as to why several unplanned days without transportation are a huge difficulty for me. If I had been told on Tuesday that no one could repair my bicycle until Sunday, I would have kept it and brought it back on Sunday. I also realise that life sometimes brings unexpected events, but it seems that employees of the Bike Shed were deliberately deceiving me by not contacting me to explain the situation.
I am not asking for anything in return for this letter, but as a previously loyal customer, I wanted to explain the situation. I hope your future customers receive the better treatment that the Bike Shed normally offers, and that my bad experience was simply an unintentional one-off.
Thank you for your time.
Friday, 15 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment