Sunday, 4 November 2007

yuckety yuck

I feel yucky right now. I have been having this problem a lot on Sunday nights. The situation is this: I always have really high expectations for a weekend. I plan a little bit of fun, a lot of schoolwork, and some errands or housecleaning or something similar. And now I have had a little bit of fun (halloween party on Friday, dim sum and Mandarin lesson with classmates today, and of course hanging out with Dan throughout), Dan and I have done a thorough cleaning of the flat, BUT I hardly did any schoolwork.

I spent a few hours at the library yesterday and picked up a few books that will help me begin to "read around" my dissertation topic, but today--nothing. I am scheduled to be part of a group presentation this week, and I really have very little research to do, but I can't get through it. Ridiculous. In addition to this, I have only gotten to about page 30 of this week's Economist (after not even getting halfway through the issues for the last two weeks) and haven't even opened the book on how to get started on a dissertation, which I bought on Amazon a few weeks ago. And I was also planning to revise an article I wrote last week, based on the comments from my instructor, and I haven't done that either. And I haven't read through the paperwork that same instructor gave me because I joined that section late.

And it is nearly bedtime and I feel like I have been a wasteoid for the past two days, and it makes me feel yucky. YUCK EEEEEEE.

On the plus side, I talked with many loved ones this weekend.

Also on the plus side...I got a really sweet phone last week. Did I mention that yet? It's cool; I like it.

What else? Things aren't that bad, I suppose. Tomorrow I'm going to cook a butternut squash, thanks to some cooking tips from my friend Sarah, who is a stellar cook. I'm still sick, but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Prescriptions are free in Wales.

Ok, going to read some economist now. talk to you soon.

No comments: