Tomorrow night, after my last day at the internship, I go back to Cardiff. I'm pretty damn excited about it. I didn't realize how much I liked Cardiff until I lived in London for three weeks. Why am I moving to London again? Why can't the good job opportunities be in a smallish city like Cardiff?
Ok, London is fine, really. In some ways it's better than New York. For one thing, it's not nearly as hot in the summer. It's a little steamy on the tube, that's for sure. But you can get to work feeling reasonably tidy, even on the warmest days--which reach about 80 Fahrenheit. And I think if I had my bicycle here, I'd have been happier. There are tons of markets with fresh produce and really delicious Korean restaurants where you can lunch for a fiver. And also lots of lovely museums and such.
Today I was talking with my friend Emma about my fear of the next month, and it occurred to me that maybe after I drop the dissertation off to be bound and move out of the flat, perhaps putting stuff in storage, maybe Dan and I would have time to take a short trip to north Wales or somewhere to camp. Maybe not, maybe we will have a flat in London or jobs lined up. But if we don't, a little trip might be nice. The whole point of moving to another country was to be less tied down, so maybe I should remember to take advantage of moments when I am not booked. Though they are few and far between until the end of August.
In an unrelated side note, there's a guy at work who looks like Kevin Bacon and also one who looks like Jerry Seinfeld.
I am off to sleep my last sleep in London for a bit. G'night.
Thursday, 31 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment