I have learned how to make guacamole. It's not that hard, and the most challenging part is digging the avocado out of its skin. But if this is something you'd like to do, I'd recommend, after letting the avocados sit out for 3-4 days, slice them in half, then run a spoon along the inside of the skin. It slides pretty well and pulls the skin right off.
Anyway, enough of the cooking lesson. Last night some friends came over for burritos, which is why I was making guacamole. They seemed to enjoy the burritos, but appeared to be lukewarm on the guac. I suppose for a Korean, a Chinese and a Pole, guacamole is not that exciting.
In any event, I have been having far too much fun this week for someone whose first dissertation draft is due on Monday. But I'm taking today off for surfing and tomorrow and Sunday will be devoted to writing. I don't care how much fun stuff is happening, I need to finish my work.
In about ten days, I will begin my work placement/internship. I have lined up a very posh house for the three-week period I'll be in London. It's not terribly convenient for getting to work, but it will be a nice place. For those interested in such things, it's in Fulham (southwest London). Based on my brief walkaround on Tuesday, I would call it a habitat of yuppie breeders. But there is a nice park close by, which overlooks the Thames. And the house has an upstairs sundeck where I can drink tea in the morning, so it will be lovely.
Posh house:
No comments:
Post a Comment