Things are moving along at a suddenly breakneck speed. I went to London yesterday for my first dissertation interview, and have another one tentatively lined up for next week. The first draft of the dissertation needs to be done by July 7, so I can send it to my supervisor for review. Then I do a 3-week unpaid work placement in the interactive department at a certain prestigious business/finance newspaper, during which I will likely stay at a friend of a friend's home in London, behind a curtain in the extra part of their lounge room (living room). Just like Laura Ingalls Wilder, when she went off to teach school--for those who don't quite remember, the family with whom she stayed wasn't very nice and never said good morning, but Almanzo came to pick her up on Friday afternoons to take her back to the Ingalls family until Sunday. Aahhh, love.
Right, so then I go back to Cardiff to finish the dissertation in August, and then maybe I will have a job after that? We shall see.
Anyhow... last week Dan and Emma and I went on a 3.5 hour hike through lovely hillsides of Wales, including one mountainish bit called Lord Hereford's Knob. For reals. We met sheep and horses, got rained on for a few minutes, and basically had a grand time.



After the hike, we went for tea at a small hotel in a roman church, where we met a whole wall full of snails. Big snails, little snails, sticky snails (well, all of them were sticky), squished snails. I know this picture only shows 2 snails, but there were hundreds, maybe even thousands, on that wall.

Next on the agenda: unclog bathtub drain, shower, grocery shopping, research and prep for dissertation interviews (including contacting more interviewees). It sounds like a thrilling day in Wales, no? I might even throw in some laundry. But if I get groceries, there's been an offer of homemade lasagne from the cute boy who lives in my home. It's not so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment