Thursday, 6 December 2007

12 days and I'll be in Paris

I have just completed my biggest assignment for the semester, worth 20% of my total semester grade (for all classes). You remember last week, when we learned about how emerging economies will affect the global economy. Well, the 1500 word (actually 1,531 in the end) analytical feature article on that topic is now done and ready to be emailed and a hard copy put in the big brown box at school tomorrow morning. Job well done, I hope.

Tomorrow I have a group assessment on a section of my newspaper pathway. The section is called "online." What we will do tomorrow is design and put together a web page in groups. 50% of the grade is what the group turns out. 50% is a reflection on the project itself. We are given 7-8 hours in which to work, and I think things will turn out just fine. I sort of understand how to use Dreamweaver, the program on which we make the pages, but one member of my group understands better. I have contributed in other ways, by creating text for categories such as "About" and "Contact Us" and other such niceties. Tomorrow I will also serve as one of two text editors in my group.

Tomorrow night the students on my course are having a holiday party. It will take place in the graduate centre of the students' union, and we are all invited to bring food and drink. But not alcohol--alcohol we have to buy from the bar there.

I realize that's something I haven't commented upon: The university's students' union has lots of places where one can buy alcohol. There is a bar in the graduate centre, there is a more thorough bar in the students' union, and there is a nightclub in the students' union. When I was living in Iowa City, the university administration decided to outlaw selling beer in the one place you could buy it in the student union. Here, it's no big deal. You can also buy wine from the shop in the students' union.

It pleases me to say good night at 10:34 pm on the night before I have an assignment due. Let's hope that life continues in such a lovely fashion. Good night, my friends. I hope you are well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alcohol and studies... Yummy!!! Thank you for all of the suggestions. I will definently take you up on that...I could be sitting down watching 7 up over and via the skype with some of my favorite peeps??? Or just saying hi...